Thursday, September 24, 2009

49ers to host NCAA Tournament in 2011

The Charlotte 49ers will host the first and second rounds of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament in 2011. The tournament will take place at Time Warner Cable Arena and the dates for the first and second rounds are currently set for March 18 and 20, 2011.

The 49ers hosted the 2008 Division I East Regional and also hosted the 1994 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Final Four.

With 80 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament games hosted, Charlotte ranks third in tournament history, trailing only Kansas City (116), and Salt Lake City (83).

Since 1958, Charlotte has served as the host city 20 times. Additionally, Charlotte hosted the 1996 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Final Four and is one of just 12 cities that have hosted both the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Final Four and the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Final Four.

Tickets for the 2011 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament will be released at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment